‘This time Republic Day falls on a Monday. Never felt this patriotic’ – Shri Anurag Verma ( @kitanurag on Twitter)
For many, it’s another long weekend. For many, it is a happy Monday. Some only know there is something called a dry day and ‘advance mein stock lana hai boss!’. For the rest which includes Kejriwal and
Falguni Pathak, Kiran Bedi, it is Republic Day.
We have Mr. Barack Obama who would be mistaken as Snoop Dogg visiting us. There will be patriotic songs like Munni Badnaam doing the rounds. People will visit ramshackle bars and whine when they remember it is a dry day. Zee Cinema and Sony TV will play movies other than Sooryavansham (Tiranga to be precise. That’s Sooryavansham of Patriotic days). It will be just another 26th January.
I know for one thing what will happen this republic day. Some Youtubers will go about questioning young Indians (read future employees of TCS) about the big day and we will have a slew of stupid doubts like, “What is Republic Day yaaa? Does it have happy hours?” OR “Is it Mahatmaji’s happy budday today? OMG! Let’s tweet him Happy Birthday and ask for replies because my cat just snorted coke and I need closure“.
We at CampusGhanta strive to make you a lesser stupid person in this country. In case some random chumps come scurrying towards you with a videocam and a microphone, answer them rightly. We present a few facts which would not make you a laughing stock.
-Our constitution came into force on 26th January, 1950 replacing the Government of India Act (1935) as the governing document of India.
– As per Wikipedia, The Constitution lays down the framework defining fundamental political principles, establishes the structure, procedures, powers and duties of government institutions and sets out fundamental rights, directive principles & the duties of citizens ( which comes with a hidden NOT APPLICABLE TO POLITICIANS and DOGS).
( You can chuckle slightly after this fact. You would be flogged by fundamentalists for sure).
– Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar formulated the constitution. Yes, Mahatma Gandhi is not responsible for everything in our country. Give him a break!
– It is a national holiday. If you are
slaving working for US clientele, it is your issue. Do not crib if you do not have a holiday.
– Ours is the longest constitution in the world. No wonder, we like it long. By that I mean long queues for toilets, interviews and buying groceries.
– The President addresses the Republic Day and not the PM. The PM takes charge on Independence Day.
So, best of luck fellow bhartiyon. Anyway, wishing every Indian, TCS employees and Indians living in the US, a very happy republic day. Just maintain the mood by NOT playing ‘Sheila Ki Jawaani’ and make sure streets are not replete with Indian flags.
Patriotic Bharat + Swacch Bharat bitches!
Powered by Facebook Comments