Unless you had been living under a rock, you probably would have heard about Anime. There is always one geek friend in every group who is a big fan of Anime. He might have considered explaining you about how awesome it is but the topic definitely would have been laughed off as “kids-stuff”. So let me clear the air for you.
No, Anime is not a cartoon. And no Anime is certainly not hentai porn. Anime is simply a term for Japanese Animation. You can differentiate anime from cartoons by observing the physical traits of the characters. Anime characters include “large eyes, big hair and elongated limbs while Cartoon characters approximate reality a little more and carry traces of day-to-day life in them.
It still does not answer the question why you should consider watching anime. You must have watched many series of West or the never ending Indian series which goes on for generations. With these large span of telecast and shooting, the series often loses its plot and often deviates form what it actually is. Anime takes a clear edge in this. We mention you the top 7 reasons why you should give it a chance.
1. Plot: Most of the popular anime series has 1–2 seasons. That makes the plot right on point and it never ever deviates from the actual plot. This being said, anime series actually have much better story than most of the series you would have watched. One such series is Code Geass. Built over 2 seasons, this series is a must watch if you are into strong story line.
2. Amazing Animation: You don’t have to worry about the boring background or lack of facilities being used like in other series. In Anime, there is no limit up to which your eyes can be pleased. Visually stunning graphics and use of Sci-fi can make it really interesting to watch. Anime is all about animation but if you still want to watch some with amazing graphics, Fate Zero is a must.
3. Cultural Knowledge: Since Anime originated from Japan, most of it is based on Japanese lifestyle and its people. That gives you more than one reasons to watch these as your cultural horizon is expanded. Inyuisha is one series which explains the Japanese mythology pretty well.
4. Expand your Imagination: Just when you would think it can’t get any more crazier, there comes another dose of it. Most of the shows feature really amazing concepts and alternate universes that is really hard to imagine otherwise. If you like to watch something which gives your brain a treat, anime is a must. Pandora heart is one such anime which talks about parallel Universe and rocks in that genre.
5. Soothing Music: Maybe you don’t like Anime, maybe you don’t like the kiddish story telling medium. But there is one thing that connects the World – its good music. The Japanese Pop Music Industry is symbiotically entwined with the anime industry. An take my word, they make the most soothing music you would ever hear, a treat to your ears. One such song is Continued Story from Code Geass. It sets a new standard for soothing Music.
6. Escape into a new World: What do you do when you are in distress? Do you drink? Do you smoke to forget about your problems? Try Anime. A fresh and a very different approach of TV series will totally divert your mind away from all the problems and you would feel a lot better. One such series is Death Note. This series binds you in suspense till the last episode and you just can’t stop thinking about it. Can any escape route be better than this?
7. Free! Free! Free!: Most of the anime series can be watched online for free on your computer, tablet or Smartphone. What else would an Indian want? You can get to watch the original copy of the series for free. Isn’t this something we always wanted? There are many websites which can offer free streaming. One such site is http://animestash.info/. It has the complete list of anime you could watch.
These points being noted, here are some of the famous anime series you can try watching:
2. Fullmetal Alchemist
3. Code Geass
4. Death Note
5. Cowboy Bepop
6. Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
7. Dragon Ball Z
Powered by Facebook Comments